Kevin Dreyer has experience dating to 1994 providing in-house strategic and operational legal support and guidance. Kevin’s proven aptitude for litigation and risk management, federal and state legal and regulatory compliance mandates, company policy analysis, client and vendor contract reviews, employment/labor law matters, internal investigations and general corporate law matters, and defending companies against judicial lawsuits, make him uniquely qualified for the position of ACSI’s in-house General Counsel.
As ACSI’s General Counsel, Kevin is responsible for leading our corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. Kevin provides senior management with effective advice on laws and regulations which are relevant to the various business lines pursued by ACSI, company business strategies and their implementation, managing the legal functions of ACSI’s various departments, providing compliance support to all departments, defending the company in litigation matters, and obtaining and overseeing the work of outside counsel. He is also responsible for the legal considerations and impacts associated with ACSI’s operational activities, including:
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures, and compliance programs.
- Provides counsel and guidance on legal matters and legal implications as related to company operations.
- Provides advice and direction ensuring that the company conducts our business operations in compliance with all applicable state and federal collections laws, including, but not limited to, CFPB, HIPAA, FDCPA, FTC, and all other laws and regulations.
- Structures and manages the company’s internal legal functions and staffing.
- Oversees the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of all outside counsel including debt litigation attorneys.
- Monitors and imparts trends, changes in laws and regulations pertaining to collections laws, and the business lines of the company.
Prior to joining ACSI, Kevin provided his legal expertise to the Collections Division of Sallie Mae (a Fortune 500 Company) and to Parallon Business Performance Group, a Division of Hospital Corporation of America.